ARMA CORPORATION



David M. Mahood
  David M. Mahood in 1943

1918
8 Reade Street
New York, New York

1918-1919
252 West 29th Street
New York, New York

1919-1924
228 40th Street
Brooklyn, New York

1924-
254 36th Street
Brooklyn 32, New York
Arthur P. Davis
  Arthur P. Davis in 1943

  The Arma Engineering Company was founded in 1918 by David M. Mahood and Arthur P. Davis. The company was formed to manufacture high intensity searchlights for a US Navy contract. This was followed by contracts for a Gyrocompass, and General Announching Systems. In 1924 Arma entered the field of Gun Fire Control with a Navy contract to build Battle Order Transmitters, but the Gyrocompass remained the main business for many years. In 1938 the Arma Engineering Company became the Arma Corporation.


[Return to Museum]